- Hot showers
- Lounging in bed after a long day (after a hot shower, of course)
- Coming home to my dog, Penny (who, for some reason, is always more happy to see Matt than me...It is my belief that he's training her on the sly to do this!)
- Blogging! (But of course!)
- Taking 3 minutes to read an article and 2 hours to mull over all the reader's comments (Does anyone else have this particular trait?)
- When Matt cooks and takes a lead on household duties (This week's frittata was pretty darn good!)
- Dessert (Sorry I ate that whole hazelnut chocolate bar and 1/2 of your Lindt bunny, Matt.)
- This weekend's weather (Finally I can open our windows and get some fresh air!)
- Spring (By the time I'm out of the hospital, the buds on our maple tree will be leaves!)
- A clean house (Which I'll be doing this weekend in anticipation of my mom arriving and staying with me, and who, every time I talk to her says, "You better have your house clean for me! I don't want dust bunnies everywhere!" Don't worry, mom. I'll put extra dog fur and dust bunnies in the guest bedroom!)
- Silly tv and their silly magazine counterparts (refer to Gossip Girl, a few posts back)
- Having the where-with-all to realize -- even with having Crohn's -- how fortunate I am (even though I get a little self-pitying and zany at times).
What are the little, everyday things that get your through the day? I'd love to hear them!
That lovely drawing is courtesy of Mary Peterson Illustration.