Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Speedy Thai Chicken Wraps

Who needs Bangkok when you can have Betty Crocker?

When I moved out on my own, my mom gave me Betty Crocker's Quick & Easy Cookbook. I immediately turned to the desserts section (because that's what anyone who is sane does, right?), but after my initial sugar fixation I decided to fix these snappy Thai wraps (which I am sure would be an abomination to anyone who is really from Thailand). Oh well; they are yummy in my provincial Pennsylvanian eyes.

Note: You cannot mess these up. Add as much cabbage (coleslaw mix) as you feel comfortable with, and feel free to reserve some of the dressing mixture for dipping.


Thai Chicken Wraps
  • 1 cup Asian dressing (I use Newman's Own Asian Sesame Ginger dressing)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
  • 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
  • 5-6 cups (one bag) coleslaw mix (sliced cabbage)
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
  • flour tortillas
Mix dressing, peanut butter and cayenne pepper until smooth. Saute ginger and chicken in skillet until almost thoroughly cooked. Pour 1/2 of dressing mixture onto chicken and cut on high heat for a few minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.

Chicken satay, anyone?


Add the following to the skillet: 1/2 of dressing mixture, coleslaw mix, bell pepper, peanuts and cilantro.

I could eat it just like this.

Coat mixture well and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture softens slightly. Add chicken to mixture and serve in flour tortillas.


Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Try Wegmans "Asian Slaw" for this--it is a mix of napa cabbage (a lettucy, soft cabbage that you don't need to cook) celery, and carrots.
    I use it to make an "Indian" wrap using leftover chicken and curry mayo, so it's super fast if you already have cooked chicken. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...sounds good!! Would you like to guest post??!!!

    ReplyDelete