Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"In a Charmed Life, a Road Less Traveled" - NYT

My mom sent me this essay from the NYT and I thought it was probably one of the most simple and beautiful things I've ever read about marriage. Let me forewarn you: this is NSFW (not safe for work) - not because of any objectionable content, but because you may cry. On another note, I hope everyone who reads my blog (all 10 of you! and thank you!) knows that although I poke fun at Matthew, it is only with deep love that I do so. I am incredibly humbled that he chose to spend his life with me.

Enjoy.


In a Charmed Life, a Road Less Traveled
By LAYNG MARTINE Jr.

2 comments:

  1. You were right about not reading this at work, but still glad I did. This was a great story about marriage, but it also reminded me of Joe and his friend Brian--Joe taking Brian to the Jersey shore and carrying him into the waves.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete