Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

This has been all over the internet for a couple of months now, but I was reminded of it after perusing one of my favorite tongue-in-cheek sites, Stuff White People Like. I'm talking about Where the Wild Things Are trailer, which has me in tears each time I watch it. Come on, it's so predictable: amazing cinematography and whimsy, directed by Spike Jonze, adapted for the screen by Dave Eggars, and set to the Arcade Fire. How can you not cry? Also throw in a good dose of nostalgia, self-pity that you are indeed not a child anymore, and conversely, wanting a child, you get a full-blown sob fest. There's something magical about it all. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I know I've said this a zillion times (allow a mom some nostalgia)--but Matthew loved this book when he was little, and we read it a zillion times.
    He would always say the last line--And it was still hot.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He still talks about it with fondness. He's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete