Today I told Matt I was going to eat healthier. Then we got a Cadbury Fruit and Nut chocolate bar at the grocery store and I just made cookies with chocolate, raisins, and oatmeal and my god were they full of gooey deliciousness. Oh well - tomorrow is always another day!
In honor of eating healthier (but not actually doing so), I'm going to do the next best thing: post a reasonably healthy recipe. I say that's good enough for today. As promised, here is a titillating (well, if cucumbers can be titillating) Thai cucumber salad I had with the previous curry recipe. It's fresh and simple, and like any good starlet or, um, cucumber salad, healthy and attractive. Great side dish for your Asian fare, and the coolness provides an excellent juxtaposition to the heat of the main dish. Enjoy!
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 3 cucumber (peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded)
- 1 Tb. salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (if you get the seasoned rice wine vinegar with sugar, then the additional sugar is not necessary or you will only need a couple Tbs.)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 5-6 radishes, thinly sliced
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 to 1 cup slaw mixture (we used broccoli slaw)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts