Thursday, October 7, 2010

Recipes A Cometh!

Yes...this is what you can look forward to...

My mother flat-out told me she's worried about my mental health.  My sister confirmed this the other day and said, "I think you just need to relax!"  Thanks you two.

I'd like everyone to know I am a happy, well-adjusted and fabulous woman.  To prove it, I'm going to post some equally fabu recipes I've made lately.  Earlier this week I made a healthy roasted cauliflower soup that made me go "Hurrah!" every time I took a slurp.  It was delish, and even better with a little grated peccorino romano on top. 

And then this past weekend Matt, Penny and I went apple picking.  We picked our hearts silly with Jonathan apples, Rome, and Golden Delicious.  I also drank cider until my stomach hurt, so a good weekend all in all.  But what's a girl to do with 20,000,000 pounds of apples?!  It's simple, really: make apple, brie, and arugula quesadillas.  Give me cheese, any cheese: the stinker the better, and I go crazy. 


And tomorrow night we're sashaying into our first neighborhood get together and I made pumpkin fluff (it took four ingredients and two minutes) and is delish with gingersnaps.  It's all about the presentation and I'm putting this dip in a hallowed out pumpkin because I'm festive like that.  Here's to hoping we don't embarrass ourselves....too much.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. you are beautiful and inspiring. i'm stoked for your recipes... and to try my hand at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn,

    Glad you are well! I made a great peanut butter dip the other day and served it with APPLES. I will send it to you! Miss you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ragamuffin,
    Thank you for your kind words - it's too much, TOO MUCH! (But I'll take it...heh heh.) So much for modesty.

    Kate,
    I miss you too. Work is .... well, you know. MUST get together with the girls soon in the city. And send me that recipe, darnit!

    ReplyDelete