Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Zhu Zhu Pets, really?!

Oh man oh man, my favorite stock photo ever found, bar none. I love this guy!

"Press 1 is you made a purchase today for $200 at Leather Goods in Staten Island, NY. Press 2 if you did not authorize this purchase."

Motherf'in A! 2 2 2 2 2!!!!!!!!!! Click. Human voice. "Hi, Ms. Hopkins. My name is Karen. You've reached with fraud investigation department at Citibank. How are you today?"
What am I supposed to say? "Fine, thank you." Now kindly get to the point, Karen.

"We'll get this taken care of right away. Can you tell me if you have your credit card in possession?" I said I did. "Did you make a purchase online for $1200 of Zhu Zhu Pets today ma'am?"


"You have got to be kidding me, why would I want those stupid..." Karen continued. "Did you visit a McDonald's in Brooklyn, NY and spend $250? We also have a salon purchase in Brooklyn for $300."
I said no, and asked Karen how anyone could spend $250 at McDonald's. Karen wasn't as curious as me.

You see, my credit card number was stolen and the thief made a fake card and programmed my number in their magnetic strip. I'm irked but I gotta say, I find this highly impressive. Petty crooks aren't what they use to be. I'm thinking this guy should work at NASA.


I've never had my card stolen. I feel very violated, and now I'm questioning everywhere I shopped. On Friday I picked up lunch at Whole Foods and paid via credit, and it there's one thing I think when I imagine Whole Foods, it's FRAUD! Oh, and vegan cookies. Obviously.


The point of my nonsensical ramblings is this: triple check your bank and credit card accounts! Or go off the grid and live in the woods. Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment