Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

I do not love working, but I love the momentum it brings to my day.  If I didn’t work, I would never leave the house - or, when I did - it would invariably be in three-day-old yoga pants and a stained hoodie. Forget brushing my hair.  And for that reason alone, I am happy to be back at work today.

2013 came with a grumpy mumble.  Mainly, me bitching about the neighborhood fireworks going off and a baby who - inexplicably for the last several days - refuses to sleep through the night.  It starts at 11 pm - a cry soothed by a pacifier - and again at 2:30 am, where nothing seems to work (pacifier, diaper change, soothing words, until we gave her baby Tylanol [aka baby crack] and a bottle).  The moment you realize you’re wide awake and it’s going to be a fight to get back to sleep, the battle is lost.  The moment that tiny seed of worry is planted I might as well put on the coffee and get a shower.

On New Year’s Eve, Matt and I sat in bed with our laptops and ate desserts and watched bad TV.  We did manage to plan - and book - a getaway to Mexico for March, which is really big for us as the furthest away we manage to get is the New Jersey or Virginian shoreline or reading the TravelZoo weekly Top 20 vacation deals email  Annie will stay three days with my parents, and three day with Matt’s - a baby on her own suitcase adventure with Penny in tow.

I hope the new year brings you many adventures, too.  Here’s to 2013!


"Adventure?  Pah-lease.  Just give me my banana already."

No comments:

Post a Comment