Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sicky McSickerton

My lord my body has to get into gear!  It’s like, “Maybe you decided to get off the couch and go to work, but sista, I’m still enjoying my 11 am showing of The View”.  I’ve been chronically sick now for over a month.  It started with a cold about two weeks prior to going back to work.  That slowly diminished and then I had food poisoning the weekend prior to starting (I still have no desire for Chinese food, which is saying a lot if you knew my fervent regard for Chinese take-out).  Once I started both Annie and I both got sick with another cold (I blame her for bringing it home, but I’m sure the child thinks otherwise).  And now: I have not spoken since last Thursday evening.  I have laryngitis.

I sound like an inebriated bullfrog when I try to talk, and Annie regards me with a stare that’s one part bemusement, and one part “Yo, Croaky!  Where’s my real mom?!”

I have a job where I sometimes shake a LOT of hands.  Annie goes to daycare with sick kids.  I guess we’re just a doomed lot.

Now, some photos...because that's what I become.  A mom who thrusts photos of her kid on you, poor reader.  Forgive me.

My favorites from the past week.


1 comment:

  1. The pics are so cute! Are you feeling any better? I need to email you some dates. How's this for random pregnancy brain? LOL

    ReplyDelete